Each weekend, I'm always trying to think of fun, different or inexpensive things to do. Last weekend, hubby & I did a "Classic Scary Movie Night" and it was so much fun! We have both always loved (and oft quoted) the movie Aliens So rented it from Amazon for $3, bought some SmartPop popcorn for $4, got out my little plastic popcorn holders from the Target $1 aisle, turned out the lights and voila! It was one of our best Fridays ever! You know what they say about variety being the spice of life... It got me thinking about my favorite fashion movies. There are so many good fashion movies out there, but here are my "Friday Five" - a new series coming to you every Friday! Oh yeah, I'm starting a new series called the "Friday Five." So each Friday I'll be writing about five awesome things. It may be new style reads, great new shopping apps or just five things that need to #getinyourcloset. So! If you don't have weekend plans yet, get your tribe together for Classic Movie Night!
5. Breakfast at Tiffany's - While more of a romance with some silly 60's antics, any fashion movie flick list would NOT be complete without this iconic film. One of Hepburn's most gorgeous outfits appears in this scene, where she is literally having breakfast in front of the Tiffany's store.
4. Confessions of a Shopaholic - While this novel turned movie was MUCH better as the former and not the latter, Isla Fischer is absolutely hilarious as Becky Bloomwood. Any girl who's heart has ever palpitated over getting that last must have item will appreciate this film.
3. The Devil Wears Prada - By far the funniest movie with probably more truth to it than any fashion magazine editor would have preferred, this film does not fail when it comes to what life might really be like for those young NYC fashion magazine interns.
2. Clueless - OH the nineties, how we loved you (and all your crazy fads - some of which are now back)! EVERY girl I knew that saw this movie wanted Cher's closet, me included. One of the best films that highlights some of the great 90's trends, also a cute coming of age story with that era's film darling, Alicia Silverstone. In what might be called a prelude to another great fashion series (and movies!), HBO's Sex in the City, Clueless shares a running internal dialogue of Cher's thoughts. Best line of the movie (aside from "AS IF"): "That bike came out of nowhere!"
- Night of the Comet - Ok, just go with me for a moment. This is NOT a fashion movie. I'll go ahead and say that upfront. HOWEVER, it is a zombie movie and it's Halloween tomorrow AND it does have a great scene of the girls in a mall trying on all. the. clothes. ALL OF THEM! Can you imagine? If there was a zombie apocalypse and we could literally just go into any store and wear whatever we wanted? I might be hyperventilating over here....Ok, so this movie is totally cheesy and totally 80's, which is exactly why it's on my list. ENJOY!