Planner | Stella & Dot sunglasses | Aveda Air Control hairspray (this one is also great for summer) | Remote phone shutter |Kate Spade business card holder similar | Kate Spade Bee pouch similar (I keep a toothbrush and flossing picks in here, but it's big enough for a lipgloss, keys and a iPhone 6 )
Here are five things I think should be in every girl's bag:
1. Planner - whether you go old-school like me with pen to paper, or it's in your phone, you NEED to have your planner with you at all times. How else will you know if you can have margaritas on Wednesday with the girls???
2. Lipgloss/contact solution/eyedrops - I don't know about you, but my lips always seem to be dry, no matter the season. I typically carry this brand with me, plus a variety of glosses that can work in a pinch - in addition to adding color. Same for my eyes, minus the color part. And if you wear contacts, you may need a spare bottle in your tote.
3. Sunglasses - I cannot TELL you how many times my mother told me, "Always wear your sunglasses! That will prevent you from getting this big crow's foot like I have." Which is true...you want to protect your eyes and not squint...but you also want to protect your entire face with sunscreen or a hat. I cannot stress this enough to young women I talk to that think their porcelean skin will always be that smooth and unwrinkled.
4. A to-go makeup bag - whether you buy duplicates of all your faves or just throw in a few touch-up items (I opt for concealer, blush and mascara in mine), it's important to have something with you for touchups. This comes in handy for going from the office to dinner, if you need to erase the "mombie look" before picking up the kids or for selfies if you find yourself driving home during what photographers call, "the golden hour" (right before dusk, when the sun makes everything look hazy and gorgeous).
5. Finally - every girl needs to have what I call "her secret weapon" - whether this is a snack-bag filled with goldfish or toys for the kids, your favorite hot sauce that MUST go on everything you eat or a bible or special saying written out on a card - I believe we all need something special in our bag that either solves an ongoing issue, helps us along in our day or simply makes us smile.
I'd LOVE to hear what you carry in your bag and if you have any "secret weapons!"