Spring is coming! Spring is coming! And quite frankly, even though it took a while for winter to arrive down here in the south, I'm already ready to be done with sweaters and boots for a while! Everywhere I look - every magazine, talk show and blog seems to be talking about spring fashion necessities. So, here is my two cents on what every gal needs to freshen up her look this spring:
- Spring Jacket - a jacket in either of Pantone's Color(s) of the Year: rose quartz and serenity. There has been some buzz around varsity jackets, but if you want something classic, go for the ultimate chic-girl closet staple, the trenchcoat.
2. GREEN - while some people define Spring's very essence with floral patterns, I prefer the fresh palette of green. Green is a great neutral and pairs well with so many colors. I love a pop of green with white denim. And there are so many pretty shades of green, too!
3. Sunglasses - Can you believe I've never bought an expensive pair of sunglasses? I never saw the need. Plus I figured I'd just crush them, lose them or scratch them. That was...until I tried on a pair of Ray Ban's...whoa. You can feel the difference in quality. They are much weightier, they fit my face better, I could go on and on. So I decided my next splurge would be a pair of those. Then I found a pair of Kate Spades at the outlet for WAY less and fell in love with the Audrey Hepburn-esque oversized shape. Regardless of what shape you like, there are always new trends out to try and spring is always a good time to protect those eyes! Oh, and if you've ever wondered what kind of glasses go with your face shape, I recently did some research for a client and found this handy little helper. You're welcome. :) Another way to try out designer sunglasses is through a cool company called Shop Ditto. You can rent from a huge selection of sunnies from $24 per month ($34 for prescription)! ANNNNDDDD....if you use code "scrubs" at checkout, you get your first month FREE! Also, check out this blog if you like to see her fun picks and say thanks for a free month!
4. New bag - New season, new bag - nuff said. It's time to put away that boring black bag you carried all winter and try out some fun colors! Or, if you prefer neutrals for your day to day bag (like me), check out this Chloe-look-alike at Sole Society that's only $64...I might lose my mind. And it's named after the city in Ohio I grew up in. I think that is a sign I must buy it, right?
5. 3/4 Sleeve Tops - Lately I've been OBSESSED over 3/4 length sleeves. Not sure if it's because they flatter my short little arms or that it's getting warmer here in Charlotte and they feel one step closer to a short-sleeved shirt! Either way, I've been seeing some CAAAUUUTE tops on all the boutiques I follow on Instagram. Oh, yeah, that's another #freestylisttip - boutiques are the WAY to go! Not only will you not be wearing what everyone else is, but boutiques offer patterns and colors you don't always see in department or other stores. Now, don't get me wrong, you know I love me some LOFT, Banana Republic and even some of the chain boutiques (Vestique, Francesca's, Charming Charlie's) but the best ones are the little secret gems only true fashionistas know about. My local faves include Cheeky Bean, Tash, Copper Penny and KK Bloom. There are so many more online too! I've had good luck with @ilycouture and @ShoptheMint and plan to add something from @thecouturekitten very soon.
Have a fabulous weekend!