Today's edition of Friday Five is for all you last-minute shoppers out there (and you KNOW who you are!). Luckily for you, today is the LAST day to be able to purchase at most major retailers and have the gift arrive by Christmas. That being said, I know some of you will procrastinate this weekend and then really be stuck scrambling at the last minute. So here are some ideas that I hope will help. You're Welcome! And Merry Christmas!!! As always, remember the Reason for the Season, our Lord and Savior, Jesus.
- Jammies - I've always LOVED receiving jammies for Christmas, sets or just pants. There's something about slipping under the covers after long day in brand new jammies. Slippers, scarf and glove sets or hats are also a good idea if you're shopping for the guy in your life.
2. A "Good Morning" basket. This could easily be done at any local coffee shop, Starbucks, TJ Maxx or Marshalls or even your local grocery or Target store, if they have Starbucks inside. Grab a cute mug, some coffee and either a nice journal and pen or a calendar or a cute little book. Sometimes a basket of smaller, related gifts can come off nicer because it appears you spent time thinking about it. But really, you can just tell the receiver your favorite blogger helped you out. ;)
3. A "Good Evening" basket. Same concept as above, but with either nice wine or old-fashioned glasses, a bottle of wine and a nice book. You could also include a gift certificate for a massage (sometimes local chains will have these available in grocery store kiosks).
4. Pre-made gift sets. These are the BOMB, ya'll. Usually they are filled with luxury items you'd never buy for yourself. Stop by any spice, olive oil or gourmet grocery store to find a WIDE variety of cool prepackages snacks, salts, gourmet spices, wines, etc. Paired with a cookbook, apron or something else (typically also available in gourmet cooking stores) that personalizes the gift will make it look as though you went the extra mile.
5. Jewelry - When in doubt, people - go with bling! It never fails and if you don't know your BFF, SIL or MIL's exact taste, you can't go wrong with a gift card or even a gift certificate for a DIY day at a local bead shop. Some of my favorite pieces aren't real gold or true gemstones, but sentimental because a friend picked it out. Now, if you have time, you can certainly go to a department store or jewelry store, but below are a few unique and trendy options that the gal (or you!) in your life will love.